Here is my 5-Step Maximum Hydration Regimen as follows:
I thoroughly rinse out the clay treatment and separate my hair into 4 to 5 sections. I then take my first section and separate it again. First I spray it with warm water from my water spray bottle to make sure it's soaking wet. Next, I spray that same section with my leave-conditioner, then smooth in the gel from root to tip. I follow this process for each mini section. Once my entire head it complete, I usually shake my head from side to side a few time to remove excess moisture. Five steps done!
Cherry Lola Treatment:
Every two to three weeks I do a Cherry Lola Treatment (leaving on for 25-45 minutes before rinsing). If you're just starting the MHM, for your first time do the CLT in the place of your "step one". When the time rolls around again for the CLT, be sure to use it in the place of your step one then too. Step 2-5 remain the same.
- Prepare all your mixes prior to getting start that days wash day.
- Label each of your containers! Include: The step the container is for and also the ingredients and their amounts for the mixture.
For Step 2 & 3 I use a bowl.
For Step 4 I use a 12 oz spray bottle. Mix it in a bowl first, then transfer.
For Step 5 I use Hello Curly straight from its pump bottle, if I use KCCC instead I add the gel to a 3oz jar purchased from Sally then add water.
- Process caps and hair clips will make everything easier. I only use about two caps each wash day. If you prefer you can use a shower cap instead...but processing caps are my preference. Do what works for you.
- MHM has an approved conditioner, gel and clay product list. This would be the perfect time to put your product junkism to bed, as you only need 3 store bought products. FYI: If you like to DIY a homemade flax seed gel can serve as your step 5.
Kinky Curly Knot Today and Hello Curly or Kinky Curly Curling Custard (diluted KCCC). Oh and also Kinky Curly Perfectly Polished to fluff out my hair once it dries, but that's totally optional.
- Invest in a real satin or silk scarf or bonnet. It makes a difference in maintaining your moisture levels. Sharmooz, EboniCurls, Flor Bella Boutique and others have great options.
- If you prefer, you can do all steps in the shower or maybe only hop in the shower to rinse out step 3 proceeding to steps 4 & 5 while you're already there like I do.
- Take a close look on the MHM website at all the options available for Step 1 to decide which may be the best fit for your hair.
If you have questions specifically about my time using this method let me know! For all other questions be sure to visit the dedicated MHM website that's choked full of info.